Do human ghosts exist?

A place for believers to discuss the growing fascination with Ghosts, Psychics and Other Religions.

Do human ghosts exist?

Postby admin » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 am

Short answer : NO - ghosts are evil spirits

We often hear people use the term "Ghost" to describe a spiritual being that haunts a certain location. Many people believe that these "Ghosts" are deceased (dead) human beings that have somehow not "passed on" to the afterlife. With all the paranormal investigating going on these days, much of this inaccurate teaching is permeating society. Shows like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Hunters International, Ghost Adventures, and many others, are actually teaching the world a false concept - that somehow when we die we can remain earth bound as ghosts.

I am very strongly of the view that these paranormal concepts are WRONG and are in fact quite deceiving in their design. I am not accusing the paranormal investigators in these TV shows of deliberate deception, I am rather asserting that they are in fact wrong in their belief and that they themselves are deceived by these spiritual beings, as is much of the world. That does not make them evil themselves to some great extent, but it does show us how blind we are without Jesus and the light of the Word of Truth to clarify and guide us on these matters. Thank God for the bible !

I want to start by saying that the bible VERY clearly states that we MUST NOT attempt to speak to deceased human beings, we MUST NOT engage in such activities or else we will open ourselves up to deception and controlling spiritual forces. Here are some important bible verses:

Leviticus 19:31
'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.'

Leviticus 20:27
‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’

Deuteronomy 18:10-13
Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God.

God makes it quite clear that no one should engage in such activities. I think Leviticus 19:31 sums it up pretty well, anyone who does such a thing will become defiled and corrupted, deceived. Now if you have a basic general knowledge of the Old Testament you will know that God had a hard time keeping His people Israel pure and stopping them from becoming corrupted and following the false beliefs of the surrounding nations. In fact you can see that the history of Israel is a story of Israel's constant need for Gods correction. We saw many times, Israel starting off close to God and then drifting and falling into sin and becoming defiled and God having to deal with her harshly again to get her to repent, sometimes with very harsh judgement. We need to look at this history knowing the purpose of God. God called the Israelites to serve as a witness of Him to the rest of the world. Not only a witness but as the caretakers of Gods own Revelation of Himself to mankind, the scriptures. This task was bestowed upon the Israelites and in those "Old Testament" days, they had no bible, no New Testament, Jesus had not yet appeared on earth and there was little knowledge of God. The Law of Moses was all they had and the rest of the world was pagan, worshipping demonic powers. If God just allowed the Israelites to fall into sin and drift away from Him forever and become like the other "pagan" nations then we would not have a bible today. Gods laws were not only to protect the Israelites themselves but also to ensure His Word continued to exist through the generations. So it was VERY important for the Israelites to remain faithful to God, to stay far away from corrupting idols, pagan deities. Much of the suffering of the Israelites over history was actually for our sake, so we could have a correct and accurate revelation of God in our Bible's today.

So when you consider this you can see why it was so important the Israelites did not become deceived and led astray by demonic idols, they were the holders of God's precious WORDS - TRUTH - for the rest of the world both in that time and for all time.

Now I often hear the scripture "1 Samuel 28:7-2" quoted as evidence that the scriptures themselves support the existence of human ghosts. I strongly disagree that this passage of scripture gives any support to the concept of "human ghosts". Please see the passage of scripture below and my explanation after:

1 Samuel 28:7-25
Saul then said to his attendants, “Find me a woman who is a medium, so I may go and inquire of her.” “There is one in Endor,” they said. So Saul disguised himself, putting on other clothes, and at night he and two men went to the woman. “Consult a spirit for me,” he said, “and bring up for me the one I name.” But the woman said to him, “Surely you know what Saul has done. He has cut off the mediums and spiritists from the land. Why have you set a trap for my life to bring about my death?” Saul swore to her by the Lord, “As surely as the Lord lives, you will not be punished for this.”

Then the woman asked, “Whom shall I bring up for you?” “Bring up Samuel,” he said. When the woman saw Samuel, she cried out at the top of her voice and said to Saul, “Why have you deceived me? You are Saul!” The king said to her, “Don’t be afraid. What do you see?” The woman said, “I see a ghostly figure[a] coming up out of the earth.” “What does he look like?” he asked. “An old man wearing a robe is coming up,” she said. Then Saul knew it was Samuel, and he bowed down and prostrated himself with his face to the ground.

Samuel said to Saul, “Why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?” “I am in great distress,” Saul said. “The Philistines are fighting against me, and God has departed from me. He no longer answers me, either by prophets or by dreams. So I have called on you to tell me what to do.” Samuel said, “Why do you consult me, now that the Lord has departed from you and become your enemy? The Lord has done what he predicted through me. The Lord has torn the kingdom out of your hands and given it to one of your neighbors—to David. Because you did not obey the Lord or carry out his fierce wrath against the Amalekites, the Lord has done this to you today. The Lord will deliver both Israel and you into the hands of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The Lord will also give the army of Israel into the hands of the Philistines.”

Immediately Saul fell full length on the ground, filled with fear because of Samuel’s words. His strength was gone, for he had eaten nothing all that day and all that night.

Ok so here we see Saul blatantly DISOBEYING Gods Commands, those being NOT to consult a medium or spiritist. I believe this entire situation shows us EXACTLY why we should NOT consult mediums or spiritists. Saul opened himself up to deception and was indeed deceived by an evil spirit/s impersonating Samuel. I believe God allowed Saul to do this and allowed Saul to be deceived. We see the resultant effect, Saul's loses his strength and is devastated. Nothing good came from this encounter. And the bible has something more to say about it:

1 Chronicles 10:13-14
Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the LORD. So the LORD put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

Did you get that last says Saul did not inquire of the Lord but rather went to a medium, so the truth was in fact that the door was still open for Saul to inquire of the Lord, but Saul instead sought guidance from a medium - something very clearly FORBIDDEN. Saul in effect sealed his own fate by opening himself up to demonic deception and oppression. Saul's error serves as a very real lesson, believing wrongly that one can contact the dead leads to deception and oppression. It is in fact impossible to communicate with dead human beings, deceased relatives. If you attempt to do so it will always only result it communication with deceiving spirits, satans imposters, and you will become deceived (defiled).

As such ghosts are not deceased human beings, they are satanic imposters. Sometimes they will pretend to be friendly, sometimes they will inflict harm immediately. In this area you can't always make judgements based on experiences. Satan is the father of lies, the master of deception and highly intelligent, he knows that the most effective deception is subtle and gradual deception, presenting to us all kinds of false concepts and ideas, even reacting in a way to encourage wrong understanding and make men reach wrong conclusions about ghosts and the afterlife. The only true source of information is the bible and that's why satan hates this book so violently, because if followed it will expose his deception and undermine his entire elaborate "ghost" stage production.

There are many other scriptures that add further light to this topic:

Here the scriptures talk about how satan and his fallen servants are imposters, impersonators. It should come as no surprise they try to impersonate deceased relatives.
2 Corinthians 11:14-15
"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve."

Here the scriptures describe the great chasm between heaven and hell. Note they did not remain on earth as ghosts.
Luke 16:19-31
“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’ “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

There are many other scriptures, which I will add later as I recall them.

Finally some common sense observations. Just step back for a moment and consider the typical kind of Haunted places where people see ghosts. Do you notice any common traits to these Haunted places? Ever wondered why:
1) They always seem to be located in places where evil things have happened. Like murder, tragedy, witchcraft, satan worship, mental illness, sickness, death, violence, etc etc.
2) These so called "Ghosts" always seem to like coming out at night (in the dark), always seems to dwell in dark places, and run from light.
3) That all these paranormal investigation always take place in the dark. Why the preference for darkness I wonder?
4) These buildings always look like crap - places of chaos / disorder / decay - people don't like being there.
5) They impart fear rather than joy

With regards to psychic readers, like "Crossing Over with John Edwards"
1) Ever wondered why he never contacts a relative being tormented in hell?
2) Ever wondered why its always a happy ending?
3) Ever wondered why these psychic readers are never bible believing Christians?
4) Ever considered the end result? His clients end up praying to their dead relatives rather than God

Other info:
Here's a good article for further reading: ... -Bible.htm
Site Admin

Return to Hauntings, Psychics, the Occult and Other Religions